Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Come On Spring!


Dear Spring,
I know you are right around the corner but if you could just hurry up and grace
us with your presence there are many people who would really appreciate it.
Thanks, Your dear dear friend.

This weekend spoiled Wilmington with its 75 degree temperatures and sun shining in the sky. I have to say I really enjoyed the break from the cold, rain, and bitterness but it was such a tease. Today we were back to cold temperatures :( so sad.

The past couple of days I've been thinking a lot about my dear grandmother since she passed away a year ago in March. She was such an amazing woman and there are so many things that I miss about her. For the past few weeks I have been purchasing flowers to have around the house just because they brighten my day. As I was driving home from the grocery store today with flowers in the car, I was thinking about how the flowers smelled like the basement of my grandmothers house. She ran a floral shop during the latter years of her life and I always remember all the flowers she had sitting in big bunches all over the place, I remember watching her meticulously arranging and rearranging, and then driving around town holding flower arrangements in each hand to deliver the beautiful masterpieces to her clients. There are so many things that I remember that bring back warm thoughts and feelings. Here are some pictures from her life...I love to watch her style change through the years.







No comments:

Post a Comment