Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tealin Like A Star

This week kicks off my university's Homecoming celebrations, and for those of you that don't know, the organization that I work for spearheads all homecoming efforts. Soooo...needless to say, the past few weeks have been filled with a lot of planning and the next week will be filled with a lot of school spirit, fun events, and teaching moments. Tonight kicks off homecoming with a Late Night Breakfast at the campus dining hall, which means....ALL THE I WANT.......nom nom.

The rest of the week is filled with fashion shows, blacklight parties (which includes the announcement of our spring concert...more on that in a second), comedian Dan Levy (from Chelsea Lately), American Idol spin-off event called Dub Idol, game shows, basketball games, parades, and lots and lots and lots of the color teal. Did I mention that I get to marshal the parade driving the Chancellor's car with the Chancellor in it? How did I ever get to be so important around here?

Like I said, this week also is the kick off of our Big Spring Show. Since I advise our amazing, topnotch marketing chair we've been busting our butts to get this show promoted and sell out our Coliseum. Fingers crossed that the crowd loves it and when tickets go on sale on Mon., Feb. 21 people are buying them like hotcakes.

Despite synthesizing this exciting week ahead, Peace Corps has been on my mind all day. It's really becoming a part of my day-to-day language and I get more and more excited each time I talk about it. I've been having existential moments day-dreaming of helping children in Nairobi, developing water systems in Indonesia, or connecting communities in Macedonia.

Peace, Love, and Awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment