Friday, February 11, 2011

Interrogation Day


Okay....so maybe it wasn't that bad. Today, I had an interview with the Peace Corps recruiter at NCSU. All in all, it went great. The recruiter asked me the typical questions, "what made you want to apply to the Peace Corps," "what situations have you been in to prepare you for this," etc. etc...

The interview though makes it feel legit. Like this is something that I have actually committed myself to. And I'm happy about that. Of course, I'm getting a little backlash from friends and family with their concerns and questions but I think everyone will come around. It's been therapeutic more for myself than anyone else to talk about how things will work when I finally am gone.

The recruiter mentioned that he'd really like to get me into a program the end of the summer, however it's ideal for me to be at my best friends wedding in October and leave right after that. I know you can't be picky about this process so I'm keeping an open mind about what happens, knowing that it'll all work out in the end.

Peace, Love, and Awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment