Thursday, April 28, 2011

Earthship









This is way too cool to not share. If you've never seen it before, I'd like to formally introduce you to Earthship Biotecture. It is soooo awesome. Their ability to create sustainable and liveable natural human habitats in so incrediably amazing. Maybe one day I can live on my safari in Africa in a home built like this. Or, possibly I can take the thousands of beer bottles my boyfriend is saving (one can only imagine why he insists on saving every beer bottle EVER) and turn in into a house. Oh the creativity, I just love this!!
So the premise is:


"radically sustainable green building made with recycled materials"

The company calls all of their buildings--"earthships." They come with all their own utilities and no utility bills. An earthship uses little to no fossil fuels to provide for modern amentities. They simply adapt their needs to the already existing activities of the plant {All information was taken from Earthship Biotecture}.

Here are some links from around the web to swoon over their work like I am...






1 comment:

  1. This is exactly what I was talking about. There will be a house like this one day on a safari for you to live in.

    As far as the beer bottles go I do not save ALL of them. I have a collection of most of the different brews I have sampled throughout the years. There are/were only about a (single) thousand of them. Why? I love beer almost as much as you. If nothing else, they represent the tens of thousands of dollars I have (wisely) spent on it. I am sure when I get home I will find that they have all been turned into cullet anyway.

    ReplyDelete