Monday, April 18, 2011

It's a bird...It's a plane...It's a....TORNADO?

While all the happenings were going on Saturday for the wedding, North Carolina was hit pretty hard with tornadoes across the state. I've never experienced a tornado in my life and although the strong gusts of wind were pretty alarming throughout the day, I really didn't think twice about it. It wasn't until talking to a colleague today in class as she shared stories of her hometown and neighborhood being demolished only about an hour away from where we were. I am extremely thankful for the safety of all the people that I love today as I read about the damage across the state.

Check out this video from Wilson, NC:


Love you all and am happy that all my friends and family are safe :)

3 comments:

  1. I wonder what if that tornado had plowed through this moron? Would people still say, "Cool, dude!"? Probably, but we would also have no other choice than to turn to good ol’ Chuck and point and laugh at how stupid some people are. Will his insurance cover this? I should hope not. Thank you Steven Hoag of Wilson, NC for buying Ford because I am sure they will make a commercial out of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really though, what was his alternative? To get out of the car? If you ask me, he was probably the safest place he could have been and made the smartest decision for the situation. He's not a moron, at least there would be some documentation of what happened, if it had turned bad. And he was on the phone with someone he loved. Although I watch the video in amusement to see "what might just happen" just like the rest of the world watches TV shows, movies, car races, etc. I mean really isn't the only reason people watch cars go around a track is to see if someone loses balance and blows up or causes some 10-car pile up.

    I appreciate this person using social media to show me what might have been coming my way and commend him for making the best possible decision for the situation he was in.

    P.S. I'm pretty sure that most insurance does cover weather damage, Negative Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I am saying is that I would have rather watched the alternate ending but I guess I will have to wait for the DVD...

    As far as natural disasters (or any other type) go, I would recommend the duck and cover method. I saw it in a South Park episode years ago.

    P.S. NASCAR and its fans suck!

    ReplyDelete