Thursday, March 24, 2011

To Run or not To Run...that is the question.

It's absolutely beautiful outside and I can't say it's not a great motivator to get my butt outside and get moving. I've been running pretty consistently at least twice a week, two miles each but can't seem to get motivated to run much more than that. I was also seeing a Personal Trainer for about 2 months in January/February but now that's over, and it's self-motivating time!!

Two of my co-workers just finished the Quintiles Half Marathon (goooo girls!) and really kicked butt! One had been training for just eight weeks and ran the entire time. I'm totally envious of her determination.

Soooo....after reminiscing her experience, she turned to me and said....Sami why don't you try to do it? Well, the truth is, I've always thought about it, but just can't get myself trained to run 4-5 times a week. It's a BIG commitment. But how awesome would that be? So we sat down and printed out some 12-week training schedules to maybe at least get my foot in the door to start training.

I have already signed up for a few 5K's in the next couple of weeks including Azalea Big Buddy Run, NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher 5K, and the Warrior Dash. Wish me luck on these...and tell me what you think...to run or not to run...that is the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment