Saturday, August 27, 2011

Peace Corps Update

Online status update!!
As I'm looking out the window at Hurricane Irene whipping through all the trees in my neighborhood, I'm trying to stay focused on other things. The storm has not been too bad but the wind and rain kept me up for most of the night. Minimal damage has ensued to our area but I'm thinking about my friends and family in the Northeast who might be affected by Irene as well.

My Peace Corps status is moving along quite well at this point. Since I arrived back from Europe to find a medical packet in my mail, I have been going to the doctor and dentist quite regularly. I don't even have to sign in anymore they already know who I am! I've been to the doctor for four visits, the dentist for three, and the health department twice. All in all I've completed all of my dental and medical paperwork and am just waiting for one more shot on the 31st and I can send it all back to Washington. I can't wait!!!

I am one of the few that has already received my legal clearance, which from what I've read is sometimes takes the longest and typically doesn't clear until after your medical clearance goes through. So I'm feeling like I'm in a good place to leave in June or maybe even sooner. Who knows!! If there is one thing that Peace Corps is not good at, it is keeping applicants abreast of leave dates/locations. I'm constantly sitting on the edge of my seat through this process.

Good luck to all those that are waiting out the storm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment