Monday, May 16, 2011

End of an era.

This weekend marked the (almost) end of an era. I have finally finished my master's degree, well, mostly. I still have to get through one class over the summer, and then I'll be done my master's degree. Despite the additional class, I was still about to walk at graduation this past weekend. It was so great to commence two years of hard work, good people, and lots of writing through this rite of passage called graduation. Dr. Olsen, one of my favorite professors from my undergraduate career, gave a witty speech including many quips about what to do to shape your future.

Although I know I deserved to be there just as much as everyone else, it was a very proud moment to see some of my favorite students to walk across the stage. There is something different about getting your undergraduate degree versus your graduate degree, maybe it's just that I've grown out of getting this type of recognition, it sure was good to see those once awkward students walk with their heads held high across the stage.

To celebrate graduation, my family rented a beautiful little beach house on Carolina Beach called "Big Blue." It was absolutely perfect. Great to spend time with my family enjoying the sounds of the sea. I thought it would be really nice to treat them to some of the delicacies that reside in Wilmington including Lewis's strawberries and blueberries, shrimp, and Britts donuts! Yummmy. I wish all weekends could be like this.

Here are some pictures from the weekend:





Peace, Love, and Awesomeness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment