Monday, November 14, 2011

Major Update

I feel as though I owe a major update since I committed to writing this blog. So here is the quick and dirty -

life. good.
work. good.
friends. good
prince. good.
all around mental outlook. good.

Alright - so, maybe that wasn't thorough enough. I'll start with an update on the topic that gives this blog purpose- PEACE CORPS! I believe in some of my last posts I told you that I received my Medical Packet. Man that seems like a light year ago. Well, quickly after receiving my medical packet I scheduled all the necessary appointments - dentist, doctor, health department, etc. Shots were given, cavities were filled, blood was drawn, and papers were signed.

On November 2, I received a status update on my toolkit that said "A decision has been made regarding your medical review." About 4 days later a letter was in the mail saying that I have been medically qualified for service! Ahhh, that is what I've been waiting for.

So, Peace Corps Application 101 - next stop - PLACEMENT!

I'm really hoping that I still am in the running for a June leave date for Eastern Europe in NGO Advising. Although I know that the reality is that 80% of applicants don't actually go to the location that they were originally nominated for - I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment