Thursday, July 8, 2010

On Attitude

Attitude—
The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.
Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people say, or think, or do. It is more important than giftedness or skill.It will make or break a company, a church, a home.
The remarkable thing is, we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for the day.I am convinced that life is ten percent what happens to me and ninety percent how I react to it.
--Charles Swindoll

I read this quote today as I was doing one of my anomaly tasks as a corporate intern (gotta love it!). I thought about it for awhile and realized that this is soooo incredibly true and something I should think about more often.

I am that person who comes home from work at the end of the day and vegs out. I am a true and true introvert, needing time and space to regroup and be a normal person in society again. I don’t like to chat about my workday until I’ve had “me” time and dinner with tons of carbs to revitalize my endorphins. However, I realize that I encounter many people immediately at the end of my workday and their perception of my attitude is probably pretty negatively skewed.

So today, I’m making a vow to make a conscious effort to adjust my attitude to realize that · It can impact my attitude on life·
  • It can make or break relationships·
  • It is more important than giftedness or skill (although I envy people who truly have a gift)
  • I need to embrace a positive attitude ALL day EVERY day

Attitude IS everything! (I think the picture along with this post is a perfect representation of what attitude should be...maybe my face should be on one of those office motivational posters with "ATTITUDE" written in bold letters under it!)

On that note, love my roomie right now for spending long hours planning our road trip to Oregon and even making a Sami-friendly spreadsheet of hotels, sites, mileage, and costs. Love her for understanding my anal retentive organizational-ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment