Sunday, June 13, 2010

May 8, 2010--Journal of Trip to India

I'm pretty much all packed ready to go! More than anything I am just so excited to have school work over with and really take in this experience. I think I did pretty well this semester. Those last few days of the semester are always pretty crucial, but now I am half way done graduate school and on my way to India. No complaints here!

Packing List:
Snacks
Magazines
2 books: Let the Great World Spin, One Night at the Call Center
Journal
Travel Book
Money/Passport Pouch (Not a fanny pack...haha)
Important Documents
Chargers
Camera
Pens
Pictures
Gifts
Planner
14 Shirts
2 Jeans
3 Pairs of Capris
1 Skirt
Rain Jacket
2 Light Cardigans
Toiletries
3 Pairs of Sandals
Tennis Shoes
Pajamas
3 T-shirts

READY TO GO!!! (In hind sight...only pack one pair of tennis shoes, and one pair of sandals).

I did hit my first hurdle however at the bank. Apparently not all banks exchange currency with India. So I'll have to wait to exchange money at the airport in India. Also, who knew, travelers cheques were obsolete. I guess debit cards have taken over the world.

My second hurdle, I've encountered in the past two days are a FEVER.....I woke up two nights ago with a fever of 101 degrees F. Stayed in bed all day but still have a sore throat, and really swollen lymph nodes in my neck. It really just appeared out of no where but I'm hoping it's gone by tomorrow. I'm taking some "severe cold" medicine for now and have packed just about every medicine imaginable to kick it. Keeping my fingers crossed that I feel better tomorrow because I really don't want to sit on a plane for 24 hours with the flu.

Soooo...with that said we leave tomorrow!!! Meeting at the airport at 3:00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment