Sunday, June 13, 2010

April 28, 2010--Journal of India Trip

Written on April 18, 2010
A little over a week before our plane leaves for a little country called....India! I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself! All of my friends and family are living vicariously through me and this experience. I have been reading the Chetan Bhagat book, One Night at the Call Center, and enjoying the similarities between being a young adult in the United States and being a young adult in India. I feel like I have learned so much about India in the past few months I wouldn't change the experience for anything.

I have already stated packing, more as jsut procrastination of finishing papers, and finals, etc...don't judge! I purchased some small gifts for the children at the Home of Hope including sunglasses, stickers, and USA pencils. I want to find some "Wilmington-esque" things like postcards, etc. there is still plenty of time.

My mom has decided to come down for a bon voyage weekend, I think she is nervous but she'll be just fine! Well.....here's to 11 more days til we get on the plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment