Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Nomination

Yesterday was such a great day! After six months of waiting, I have finally heard my nomination for the Peace Corps. I was becoming rightfully inpatient and decided to email my recruiter yesterday BEGGING for more information, and within ten minutes he emailed me back with a nomination for me to accept or reject.

Of Course I Accepted!!!

Now, a nomination isn't set in stone. I still have many many more hoops to jump through and your nomination can also change when you are finally placed. However, I am happy just to know something so when people ask about the Peace Corps I can give them a snippet of information :)

So......drum roll please....I have been nominated for Eastern Europe to do Non-Governmental Organizational Development in June 2012. PARFAIT!!! The countries Peace Corps works in are: Ukraine, Moldova, Albania, Romania, Bulgaria, and Macedonia. I am so excited about this! If you are interested in what NGO Development work is, then click here for the Peace Corps explanation.

I'm so very excited!!! Now time to sit back and enjoy my time in Western Europe.

2 comments:

  1. Sami! I am so excited for you :) I hope you are having fun and can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your nomination. It will be a great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete